Barcelona Birding Point ends 2013 after scored 62 bird trips from Barcelona. It has been an exciting year full of interesting sights that we will endow you in a coming post.
At the end of the year it is time to list what have been the most requested species. Here it is the TOP TEN LIST of 2013 most wanted birds of Barcelona Birding Point:
1. Pin-tailed Sandgrouse (Pterocles alchata)
2. Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti)
3. Lammergeier (Gypaetus barbatus)
4. Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis)
5. Wallcreeper (Tichodroma muraria)
All of them with at least 15 costumers whom specifically asked for them.
6. Black Wheatear (Oenanthe leucura)
7. Common Rock Thrush (Monticola saxatilis)
8. Lesser Short-toed Lark (Calandrella rufescens)
9. Black Vulture (Aegypius monachus)
All them with at least 9 people asking for them.
10. Bonelli’s Eagle (Aquila fasciata)
11. Little Bustard (Tetrax tetrax)
Both of them with 7 people asking for a good sight on them.
Other specialities scoring over 5 people include Great Spotted Cuckoo, Blue Rock Thrush, Rock Bunting, Ring Ouzel, Audouin’s Gull, Moustached Warbler, Crested Tit, Golden Eagle, Bluethroat, Lesser Kestrel, Calandra Lark, Subalpine Warbler, Little Bittern, Spectacled Warbler, Alpine Accentor, Purple Heron, Snow Finch, Black Woodpecker, Roller and Snow Finch.
A good variety of specialities covering different ecosystems (wetlands, high mountain birds, steppe lands, Mediterranean low bush country…) all of them to be found less than two hours from Barcelona’s city centre.
What will be the 2014 TOP TEN LIST? I’m sorry but you will have to wait for one year… some tracks anyway, steppe birds seem to go directly to the top!!! Get involved and guess what will be 2014 Top Three Birds for our costumers!!!!